Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fiestas Patrias- Patriotic Parties

Peruvians are very proud of their country and there are many festivals and parties to celebrate. In my institute of Language we had a party to celebrate the Peruvian independence. I dressed as a Chalan, typical Peruvian festival costume.




These are a few of the teachers at the intitute that dressed up as in traditional festival costumes from the mountains.
These are the people that are part of my spanish class. I am the tallest by far, and the only man. The guy on the end is not part of our class, he is another professor. It is fun to participate and learn about Peruvian culture in this way. We learned a couple of traditional patriotic songs and sang them all together that day to celebrate Peruvian independence. Independence day is tomorrow July 28, but I don't have classes, so we celebrated a little early.
Robin




3 comments:

Michael E. said...

Robin you look so well in that outfit. You just need your Peruvian horse(caballo de paso) and move to Trujillo to join the rest of the "Chalans". Lol

Anonymous said...

great but you spelled a word wrong.. you said intitute wrong...

Iglesia Cristiana Koinonia - CaƱete said...

Robin, you look like those guys who work in Wong in Lima.
I love you brother!!
Jaime I.