Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yesterday, I (Tracy) was in Canete and got to help out with the medical mission there. It was pretty cool. I sat with one of the guys from the team and a peruvian nurse and we talked to all the people to see what their ailments were. I was a little nervous about being able to understand the people at first. The nurse guy... ( I don't know what his title his... his name is Toddy) knew a lot of spanish, but not enough to completely understand. So, it was up to me. Yikes!! Robin had the same experience as me the day before (Tuesday) in Santa Rosa de Villa. Anyways, it went pretty good. When I couldn't understand the people, the peruvian nurse would repeat what they had said pretty much word for word, but more slowly and clearly. I learned lots of medical terms, too, way better than studying a chapter in spanish on the same things. There's just nothing like hands on learning! I don't know how many people we saw, there were a lot. The gospel was being shared with each one, and of course, they were being invited to the church. In the evening service, I saw at least one man that I knew had come to the clinic that day. It was a crazy day. I never thought to take pictures, I didn't even bring my camera. I don't think I would have had time to take any, anyways. Maybe I'll be able to snag some from Jaime's blog in a couple of days (hint, hint, Jaime...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys must be learning SO much in the everyday... how cool!

oh yea... tell Kilaine I said "Happy Birthday!"