Sunday, October 21, 2007

El dia del Censo (the day of the Census)

Today there is a census in Peru. Virtually the whole country is shut down for 10 hours from 8am-6pm. We are not allowed to leave the house and nothing is open. The workers are the only people in the streets. It is kind of crazy. But in a way it is good, it forces families to spend a whole day together in the house, kinda like a hurricane in South Florida (but hopefully without the damage) Ha, Ha! Today we made a video of the kids goofing off as we spend the day together.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it is good to hear your voices again. I miss you guys!

Awesome.
Matt

Phillip Santillan said...

Cute!! Hey you guys! Just wanted to say hello from Calvary Chapel South Orlando.

b. nothnagle said...

oh shoot. i watched that video like five times in a row - liam cracks me up! "no! you can't...you CAN'T!" that is awesome.

BTW, kilaine, your hair is getting sooo long! very pretty, girl, very pretty... :) oh yeah, and happy late birthday!

PS
it sounded like liam said "happy birthday to jack"...who's jack?

Shelley Family said...

Kaulana, I had the same question a while ago... Almost everyday Liam came home from school telling me how he played with Jack that day. One day Kilaine told me there was no Jack. So I asked his teacher and she told me there is no Jack, but maybe he named one of the kids Jack... Ha! Liam still only speaks english at school even though he understands spanish perfectly. So, who knows? My son is a little strange... Ha ha!

Tracy

Jennifer said...

It's good to see and hear your precious children! Liam is so funny!

Anonymous said...

hi liam you remember me?... well I'm miguel of your church I'm the brother of miguel antonio because I have 2 brothers my youngest brother and my oldest brother I'm miguel jorge your friend jeje... you are a "renegon" boy jeje well but...I miss you!!!!! see you!!!!

Anonymous said...

holaaaa ... el video esta muy gracioso,perooo .....justo lo cortaron el parte mas interesante del video T_T que pasara en el sgt episodio?? ..... esperemo que lo publiquen xD jajaja


carlos