Saturday, July 14, 2007

Brrr... it's really cold sometimes in our apartment. But, that's what Daddy's are for!

Jimmy leads worship sometimes and it's always nice. We have a couple meeting times throughout the week: Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Tue evening prayer, Thur eve service. At least those are the ones in Surco. Sometimes Jimmy leads worship and sometimes Ricardo. (and of course, Brian always has some wonderful teachings, which sometimes I can understand!) Tomorrow I get to help out, too, yay!

A team came this morning to help Lucho Garcia (he's the pastor at Gracia Calvary Chapel). So, we did some cleaning and little preparations to make them feel welcome. (one of which involved moving some bunkbeds around...)

Robin thought for sure the bed would fit this way, afterall he measured it by stepping it out with his feet... but it didn't. Brian gives him an example of why you don't measure with feet in Peru, you use meters!


So, we (I really mean they) tried it the other way. Did it fit, did it fit? I don't know, we decided to assemble it another day.


Mmmm... chocolate... Me and Luz gave up on the beds and started making some chocotejas. I know your mouth is watering (mine is too!) Yes, you too can have chocotejas of your very own! Bring some back to the states, share them with your friends, send them to your neighbors... I'm shameless, I know.

No, but seriously, some people in the church get together on Saturdays to make chocotejas. We sell them to raise money so the peruvians can go on missions trips. They are made with this really yummy chocolate, manjar (which is sort of like a really soft caramel) and pecans or coconut inside. Very tasty. (and yes, I believe they are on sell in the cafe at Calvary Boynton... shameless advertising)
There are, of course other stories I want to share with you. But, I'm going to save those for another day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!