Sunday, December 24, 2006

Last Sunday

Last Sunday we did an outreach to a poor Guatamalan community in Lake Worth. Most of them did not speak any English. We brought toys and clothes to hand out for the children for Christmas. We went to a little convenient store where there are typically a lot of people that hang out there. They did not know we were coming. The police came by one time, and were very nice. Praise the Lord, because we weren't really supposed to be doing that sort of thing there. We ended up with a pretty large crowd. Some of us were doing some one on one street witnessing, some of us were handing out items, and some of us were playing some worship songs. I tried to speak to the crowd in spanish over by where we were playing worship, and I got nervous and felt stupid when no one responded to my questions. I probably wasn't making very much sense to them. Ha! I guess I still have a lot to learn (duh!)

No comments: