Monday, April 27, 2009

Walk in newness of life

I love to read.

I'm always reading while I'm nursing the baby. She's grown accustomed to reaching out with her hand to feel the book that I'm reading while she's nursing. She especially loves the sound my Bible makes as she crinkles the thin pages. I've been reading in Romans lately. The day I started Romans 6, I was reading between Nala's sweet little baby fingers feeling all over the page. It was such a picture of what I read:

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

I read the last part right between Nala's fingers. It was an image of our life with the Lord. She is walking in newness of life. Everything is new and fascinating to her. She sees everything with such joy and interest. We should walk that way with Christ, with excitement over His word, seeing the good in people, loving them, hoping for them.

It was a sweet morning with the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool :)

Maria said...

I loved the way you were able to describe the newness of life with Nala. Beautifully statement from God's word.

I think of your family and pray for you often. I am so pleased to see God working daily in your lives. God bless you for all you do in his name. :-)