Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the baby comes!

Well, the baby was born!!! Yay!!! Here's the story. "It" is a girl. She was 49 cm =19 in. and 3.5 kilos = 7 lbs. 12 oz. Her name is Nala Denae. She was born in our home Friday night at 10:53 pm. And she's cute as a button!

The last pregnancy picture as we figure out that labor was beginning. I'm usually pretty fast so we started the preparations right away. The midwife got here just 38 minutes before Nala was born! Whew!!!

There was just time to get Kilaine out of bed to see the baby being born. Then Pilar got Liam up to meet the new baby. I had a water birth at home. Robin almost missed it because he was getting some more hot water from the neighbors, our little tank just didn't give us enough. I think I was only in the water about 2-3 minutes before she came out. It was super fast!



Here, the midwife is doing the baby checkup about an hour or 2 after she was born.

Betty and Pilar came to help out during the birth with the kids and taking pictures and things. It was a blessing to have them here. Thank you, girls.

Kilaine just couldn't sleep afterwards, so we let her stay up and be with the baby for a little bit. She's in love. She is such a help to me. It was really sweet. When I put her to bed in the end, she started crying as she said, "I'm just so happy..." And earlier, Liam had told me real slow, "I'm so happy to have a baby girl."


Her first bed for the 1st day or so. =)


And there she is!!!!!

We are very happy and very blessed. Thank you all for your prayers and love. Jesus is so good to us.



12 comments:

Iglesia Cristiana Koinonia - CaƱete said...

Felicitaciones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Esperamos verlos pronto.

Bryonm said...

congratulations!!!

Christian and Christen said...

amazing, courageous and so exciting. cannot wait to meet you guys in person when i return!

Michael E. said...

Big Congratulations!! May the Lord bless the new addition to the family.

Jayna said...

Praise God! Congratulations on the birth of Nala! I will be sure to tell Pastor Phillip tomorrow at church!

Shannon Mills said...

Yeah! I think it's so great you found a midwife that you felt comfortable with and were able to have a beautiful home/water birth for Nala. Congrats and happy snuggling and bonding with your new baby!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful. We are so excited for the family. What a wonderful experience.
The Coombes

Unknown said...

Felicidades! Que linda es Nala!

Pastor Pat said...

From a "newbie" on the Shepherd's Staff team, what a miracle! Congratulations and welcome to little Nala!
Pat Kenney

Tim & Jamie said...

Oh my goodness. When I read what Kilaine said and that she cried, I cried!!! Tim and I go back and forth between having another one or not. I said if I read this every day, we definitely will!

Lynnea said...

I love you Tracy and your willingness to add to God's kingdom! We love you and are very blessed to see those pics!

Lynnea and the crew

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys!! Congratulations on the birth of beautiful Nala!! She was born on Dave's birthday - very sweet!! We keep showing your pics to the kids so they remember you all! Anabelle misses Kilaine especially!! Love to all! Belinda Trevino