Monday, June 04, 2007

more updates

Having fun in South Florida for 2 more weeks...
This is our good friend Dominick. He came over and we got to visit with him for a couple of hours, which was nice. We lead worship together for about a year on Wednesday nights with Matt Neff. Dom & I both played guitar and sang and Matt played djembe. That was a couple of years ago now. Those days were sweet.

The kids love to climb on him. Liam says he's spiderman.

Last Sunday a band played at the church. The worship team got together and played a worship set before the band played. It was good. We haven't really gotten to go to our church that much since we've been back in Florida, because we have still been visiting other churches. So, it was good to hear the full worship team. It was a bummer that Robin was sick and had to stay home.

Yes, that's Dominick again...

(I am laughing right now. Dominick gave us a hard time because there were pictures of David Caplivski in our blog 2x and none of him. Well, now there's 3 of Domincik right in a row, and I didn't even plan it that way!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!)


Kaulana and Kelly


That's Tyler there in the middle. (he's 14!)

Cassy. She's planning on coming next summer to Peru to stay with us for about 3 weeks or so. That will be a blessing. We've gotten pretty close over the last couple of years. I had the opportunity to teach her piano for almost 2 years. She is such a sweetheart, and loves the Lord so much. I love her lots.




On Memorial Day, we went to Doug's house for some food and fellowship. We got to swim, too! Liam is so weird. When Doug put him up on his shoulders, Liam just started licking his head! We laughed our heads off at that one. He just kept doing it.


I took this picture after we left from signing a contract on our house. That's right, you heard me... we have a buyer!!! Many have been praying for our house to sell. Now we have a contract on it. The closing date is set for July 18, exactly one month after we leave to go to Peru. Pray with us that it all goes smoothly.

On Saturday night, we had a small worship night with some of our close friends at Pastor George's house. It was nice and intimate.


Tim Bartlett. He exposed us to missions, and taught us how to worship. And he's older than me!!!

tuning up...

Kelly brought a stand up bass! That was awesome. He's renting it right now. It sounds so cool.

It was a nice time of worship with some old friends (and some young ones, too!!)

Jamie Bartlett, Tim's other half. She's my best friend, even though we don't really see each other that much any more. But, our friendship never changes. You don't come by friends like that too often. She's due in about 2 weeks. She came to the birth of both of my kids. I was at the birth of her daughter. I'm hoping that her baby comes before we leave so I can be there. That would be a blessing.

Erin. She is going to be helping us out with newsletter stuff and so on and so forth. A very sweet friend.

This is Billy and Stormy. Billy's been living in a tent in the back of the church for a month or so. He recently came back to the Lord after a long season of straying. He was doing really awesome, helping around the church, coming to the Bible studies, things like that. He would eat leftovers from the church and really had nothing else. It was really good. Pray for him if you think of it. He is leaving the church to go back to living on the streets. Pastor George asked him to stay living there for a year and then to decide what to do. But he seems determined to leave all of a sudden. It wouldn't take much for him to fall right back into the old life again. I think this is a crucial time in his life.

On Sunday we went to Brian Vander Kodde's church, Calvary Chapel Miami Beach.

We got to share the slideshow there and talk briefly about Peru. We really wanted to get to know Brian's church a little bit. We figured they would be coming to Peru often and we would like to build relationships with the leaders beforehand, so we know them a little bit when they visit Brian and Betty. It was nice. We had a nice time. It was our last church to visit, too. Now we are just at our home church for the next 2 weeks. Yay!

This morning I had the opportunity to teach a Bible study to a mom's group that meets once a month. I was studying the other day, and Liam came in and said he was studying, too. I pray that my good habits impact the life of my children more than my bad habits. It was nice to teach. I was starting to feel a little lost and without purpose. That will probably continue to be a struggle until I get used to things in Peru.
Last week Kilaine sort of spranged her ankle. It was swolen and she couldn't walk on it for a couple of days. Some of you were praying for her. She is better now, and running around as usual. (Although I won't let her back on the trampoline just yet!) Thank you for your prayers.

Here are the kids in the midst of ultimate silliness. Greg, Ann Marie, & I turned around in the kitchen and saw the kids posing as superheros. It was awesome. Sometimes I wish I could bottle those moments up, and pour them out when I'm having a funky day.

How on earth could they get any cuter? I honestly didn't stage this. My kids really are this wacky!
So, we have 2 more weeks until the big day. We are counting the days.

4 comments:

robert madrid said...

lol look at liams face!!!

Matt said...

Those days where sweet. it was awesome playing worship with you guys guys

Anonymous said...

hola robin y treysi les escribo para saludarles, se que vienen a koinonia soy fernando Ruiz y hoy por primera vez entre a sus blog y senti la impresion que aman mucho al peru que bueno yo pienso que cuando vengan sera hermoso salir a predicar en los parques ustedes sabes que la jente se hacerca mas cuando veen extranjeros. les animo que sigan ese ferbor para servir al seƱor bueno hasta la proxima Fernando Ruiz

Anonymous said...

yes! I made it!

haha, love you guys.
dang it Liam, you get me everytime.