Friday, June 15, 2007

Kilaine at Jamie's birthday party last Sunday.


I flew to Albuquerque on Monday for a 3 day women's conference called S.O.S. (Serving Our Sisters). It was the first time that Shepherd's Staff put on this conference.

I saw this, flying to Albuquerque. It was really cool looking from the plane. All the land looked like circles. I wonder what crop they were growing...

Anyways, the conference, it was awesome! I got to meet a lot of wonderful women. Many of them had a lot of wisdom from being on the field for many years already. They loved on me. I felt so cared for.

I finally took pictures the day we all left. Left to right: Anita Saunders, Debbie and me. Anita was in the Philippines for 15 years and now has been in England for 5 years. Debbie was in Moscow, Russia for 3 years. They both were very encouraging to me.

Cherie, me, and Jennifer. Cherie has been working in Bulgaria for over 10 years, and lived there full time for 3 of those. Jennifer lived in Scotland for 4 years. Jennifer was my roomate. We stayed up late both nights just talking, having some sweet fellowship, and some wonderful prayer time together. Cherie taught on raising kids in the field, which was great to hear about. There really isn't any books written on the subject and at most of the conferences, the men don't give that perspective in their teachings. Thank you, Lord, this conference was just what I needed.

view of mountains from the plane ride.

We went to our house the other day to check on a few things and say one more goodbye to our neighbors. It really doesn't feel like our house anymore, which is good.

Tim and Jamie had their baby!!! I really wanted to be there for the birth, but she went into labor while I was in New Mexico. It's a girl, Cadence Ari Bartlett, 6 lbs, 9 oz. She's such a little peanut!

Jamie, so happy. I will miss her dearly. I am thankful to the Lord that I've had her friendship for so many years. And I know there are more years to come.

Liam, being, you guessed it, silly!

3 more days till we leave for Peru. I think that we have entered the whirlwind stage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin, Tracy, Kilaine, and Liam,

I miss you guys!!! So good to hear that everything is going well in Peru. We know that God has it covered...but we also love to see it!

The house is quiet...Greg and Zach still do their best at making a lot of noise (especially in the morning), we are thinking about taking a vaca sometime in August - Doug & Lisa's wedding was beautiful! Today is Bob and Linda's which I am sure will be just as beautiful.

I have to run but wanted to say "hello" and that we are thinking of you and praying for you!

Love,
Ann Marie