Monday, April 23, 2007

Mexico

Well, we have limited internet access. We are having tons of problems with our computer, so please be patient with the blog postings.

So, here we are in the training school. It's been pretty busy with classes all day. Sunday we went to the Mexican church. Kilaine had a really hard time. She didn't want to be with the kids at all. She sat with me the whole time. At the end, I did get her to say gracias to the teacher for getting a sucker. Please pray with me for her to have an easier time warming up to people. I am praying that next Sunday, she will participate in the children's class.

Our spanish is doing really great. Sometimes I have major mental blocks. You would think I didn't know a single word. Then other times it just flows. It is really good. We are learning a lot.

Some cute Kilaine sayings...

when it was really cold in Indiana, we were walking in the wind and she said it was so cold that it made her eyeballs freeze.
Then, when I told her about David and how he was a missionary in Peru like we were going to be, she got really excited that her skin was going to turn brown too! Hahahahaha!
On the plane, she wanted me to take a picture of her hand by the window so it looked like she was touching the clouds.
So cute!!!

I'm having trouble getting pics on the blog. Hopefully I'll be able to get some up later.

5 comments:

(a)erin said...

i miss you guys but i'm glad your doing good.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you. Although it will be tough I know the good times and experiences will out shine them all.

You are in our daily prayers...God Bless
NJoy

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!

Kilaine is freakin' awesome!
I love it!

-dominick

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having fun and learning a lot! We are praying for you!

Mike

b. nothnagle said...

wot?!?! dominick said "freakin"? so weird - i can't picture him saying that; all i hear is Gino! :-O i suppose the marvelous kilaine is very worthy of superlative adjectives and such (the eyeballs comment was amazing!) hahaha - anyways, i'm glad you guys have internet...ish...ness. keep up the good fight, shelleys, we're praying for you muchly and can't wait for you to come back to Boynton again!