Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

We've been thinking a lot about the wise men this Christmas. We've been talking a lot with the kids about them and the gifts they brought to Jesus. They were all symbolic. We were talking about what kind of gift each of us would bring if we could go and worship Jesus at His birth. Kilaine chose a box of baby things, and a cookie. Liam would give Him a baby duck. (my son is weird) But we talked about giving Him our gifts. Not presents, but the talents that He has given us. Maybe I could sing for Him, Robin said he might build a crib for Him, giving the son of God a place to lie His head. I think the best thing we can give to Him is our lives. I saw the movie, "The Nativity Story." My favorite part was when the wise men and the shepherds came to see Jesus and to worship Him. That's what I want to do this Christmas.

Merry Christmas, from the Shelleys

7 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Maggie and I saw the Nativity movie on Saturday night for the first time. It was really good. My favorite part was when Elizabeth saw Mary and baby John moved in her tummy and then she prophesied about Jesus.

Merry Christmas to you too! We miss you tons and are praying for and thinking of you.

Mike and Maggie Jones

Anonymous said...

Robin and Shelley:
I know as being your first Christmas away from home might feel a little strange. Take courage and joy in Him for He, will reward you for your talents and gifts you guys are offering to HIM in Peru.
Have a blessed one
Mike E.

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! CONGRATULATIONS KILAINE ON YOUR GRADUATION. YOU ALL ARE DOING AN AWESOME WORK FOR THE LORD IN PERU! WE MISS YOU. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
LOVE DAN AND KATHY

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Shelley's. Tracy - you words were inspiring. What gift would I bring to Jesus? I'm going to think about it. Think about what my spiritual gifts are and what I can bring to him. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shannon Coombes

Anonymous said...

Hey, you don't know me; I found your blog while googling "Kilaine." My wife and I were considering that name 6 years ago when we were pregnant for the first time. We've had 3 boys since so we haven't gotten to use it yet. :-) It is also a street name in our city. :-)
Anyway, I was recently listing out the names of our boys and the girl names we like, with their meanings, and googled Kilaine because I couldn't remember what it means. I haven't found anything about the name through google or in any of several baby name websites and books. I think I remember that it means "little church" or some such; would you know?
In an interesting coincidence (is anything really a coincidence, though?), my wife's sister's family are missionaries in Pucallpa, Peru. They initially were going with Pioneers, but their vision changed and they struck out on their own. They have children of similar age to your own. You can see their website @ vvbrock.com and you can read about my family (if you'd like) @ streetpoet.org/blog.
You can respond to peter@peterguy.com.

May God protect you and bless your ministry,

-Peter

Anonymous said...

hey !!!!! i found my way to your blog once more !!!! jaimie sent me a christmas update and i clicked onto a link and found you. just to know we still pray for you and the work there. if there is anything i can do to help please let me know...peace and may GOD continue to bless

mike rosa

Phillip Santillan said...

Happy New Year from Calvary Chapel South Orlando!