Saturday, August 04, 2007

We've been pretty busy lately. Last week, on Tuesday and Wednesday, we went to Canete with a missions team from the states, the whole family. Canete is 2 hours away. Jaime Inga is the pastor there. We helped out a little bit with his outreach ministries.


You drive through a desertous sort of area to get to Canete. There are lots of foothills, or mountains, or whatever they are. (I don't know what they are -I'm from Florida, the only hills we have there are the overpasses for the interstate!)

I'm just terrible. I brought the camera, and we were so busy that I forgot to take any pictures. I copied this one from Jaime's blog! Anyways, Robin is helping make balloon animals for the kids. We had a nice time there. We are praying about how often we'll be able to go there to help in the ministries.

Sometimes the kids are so cute. Today, I had to put Kilaine in time out for misbehaving during school time. Liam was upset about her being in time out, so he wanted to go and sit with her. So cute!


Here is a random picture from my apartment window. I have no idea what this guy does, but he often walks through my neighborhood with this wheel thing blowing this loud squeaky noise thing. I think he is selling something, or offering a service, or trying to collect something, like the guy that collects glass. I still haven't figured it out. That's the way it is here. Sometimes you have no idea what's going on, but eventually you figure it out. Or somebody tells you. Somebody will probably tell me in one of the comments. At least I hope. Because I really have no idea... I think he saw me taking his picture, too. What do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can choose which answer below is correct.

A. Half of his bicycle was stolen
and he keeps looking for the
other half.
B. He just does this to keep you
guessing. There's really no
other reason.
c. He's scared to ride a real bike
but he would really like to
try. (he has deep
psychological problems.(
d. He's a knife sharpener.

You guys are so funny with the things you say in your blog sometimes.

Making disciples in Peru while poking fun at the new missionaries,

Brian Vander Kodde

Shelley Family said...

I just about cried from laughing my head off while reading your comment, Brian. Now I have to get Jose to reattach my head!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

And the answer is...Paparapapam!!!!(drums playing in the backgroung, can you her them??) D) A KNIFE SHARPENER. You guys are just hilarious.
Michael E.

Cole said...

No, he's not a knife sharpener. Obviously. He's searching for another partner so that they can join the traveling, tandem unicycle jamboree that is being held as the opening ceremony for the '08 olympics in Beijing. He's desperate so he blows his horrible sounding thing early in the morning on residential streets hoping to gain the attention of famous recruiters for tandem unicycling.

Shelley Family said...

Cole, I miss your weirdness.

Tracy

Mike Jones said...

Hi Robin and Tracy,

Ann Marie said she heard from you and that you are all right, praise God. I will be praying for you and your family (I know that an earthquake of that magnitude will have some interesting, stressful effects on your family) and also for the church especially in Canete and also in and around Lima. Praise God you are OK!

Mike Jones

Joseph said...

Hey Guys,
Praise the Lord you are OK! I imagine there is alot going on there so I will be in prayer for you, yours and all the families and people impacted by the quake.
Keep us posted!

God Bless You All,
Joe Clancy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

THANK GOD you are OK! :>) Will definitely keep you guys lifted up in prayer!

Todd and Lisa are down this week and I will let them know that you guys are OK - we definitely were thinking about and praying for you guys

Love y'all!

Mac and Angie

Anonymous said...

We had such a breath of relief knowing all of you and the calvary team are okay! Praise God! We'll pray for extra strength for you guys for this very difficult time. Love, the Trevino's